In today’s society it is common practice to feed our pets processed foods containing preservatives, additives and artificial flavourings and ingredients, so it is very important to incorporate some healthy vegetables into your dog’s diet. Dukes Organics help you do just that. These handmade treats using 100% Organic ingredients are made in the UK and provide a variety of important nutrients that our pets cannot get from commercial dog food.
A dog’s digestive tract does not have the ability to break down vegetables as we do. The vegetables in our treats have been shredded to make a pulp, therefore breaking down the cellulose coating to make sure they are completely digestible.
Each Tub of Dukes Organics Treats contains over 1kg of Raw Organic Vegetables, to which we add Chia Seeds, Coconut Oil, Peanut Butter, B12 Yeast, Apple Cider Vinegar and Ground Linseed.
They are then dehydrated, not cooked, and therefore all the natural enzymes and essential nutrients that your pet needs for immunity and digestion stay intact. These delicious treats can be used daily as rewards or can be sprinkled on food to help maintain your pet’s health, vitality and promote longevity.
In our Healthy Greens Treats the ingredients are known to have the following benefits:
* Spinach is known for roughage and antioxidants and Iron. It contains high levels of vitamin K, which helps maintain good bone health and growth.
* Kale is also high in vitamin K and fibre and is an excellent source of Carotenoids. It is low in sugar, so great for dogs.
*Apples contain Calcium, vitamin K, vitamin C and Pectin (soluble fibre). They contribute to dogs’ skin and coat health by adding Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to their diet.
*Pears are known to be good for dogs’ hearts. They contain vitamins C and K. They also contain nutrients such as Copper, which acts as an antioxidant and help protect the cells within your dog. Pears contain a lot of fibre, which can help their hearts because fibre is able to lower levels of bad cholesterol by binding to bile salts.
* Celery is a wonderful vegetable that contains much Calcium, Phosphorus, Sodium and Sedanolide. Sedanolide has been shown to decrease the risk of tumours, in test cases of pets.
*Cucumbers are full of phytonutrients. These can kill the bacteria present in your dog’s mouth, which are responsible for causing bad breath. They are also full of antioxidants and a good source of B vitamins. They have Silica, which promotes joint health by strengthening connective tissues.
* Chia seeds have three times more Omega 3 than salmon. This benefits cells, the immune system, skin and coat, joints, brain development and maintenance; eye development and maintenance; and can reduce inflammation. Chia seeds contain more Calcium than whole milk, more Iron than spinach and more Magnesium than broccoli. Chia seeds are non–‐allergenic and an excellent source of Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper, Iron and Zinc.
* Coconut oil is a good source of saturated fat. Fed regularly to pets, it may have multiple benefits. It can help clear up skin conditions, reduce allergic reactions, make coats become sleek and glossy and deodorise doggy odour, prevent and treat yeast and fungal infections and promote wound healing. It can improve digestion and nutrient absorption; aid digestive disorders and aid in elimination of hairballs and coughing. It also contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal agents that prevent infection and disease and aid in arthritis or ligament problems. It offers so many benefits for your dog and is a more sustainable and less toxic source of oils than fish.
* Peanut Butter is a good source of protein, vitamins and healthy fats. Dogs absolutely love the taste too.
* B12 Yeast–‐Vitamin B12 is a member of the vitamin B complex. It is necessary for the synthesis of red blood cells, the maintenance of the nervous system, and growth and development in puppies. Deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause anaemia, neuropathy, stroke, the degeneration of nerve fibres and irreversible neurological damage. Vitamin B12’s primary functions are in the formation of red blood cells and the maintenance of a healthy nervous system. It is necessary for the rapid synthesis of DNA during cell division, like in the bone marrow tissues responsible for red blood cell formation. If B12 deficiency occurs, this results in anaemia, with resulting tiredness and poor resistance to infection,. B12 is also important in maintaining the nervous system.
* Apple Cider Vinegar has important antiseptic qualities that prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and viruses in the digestive tract. As a bonus, it does not interfere with the body’s beneficial bacteria, which are the immune system’s first line of defence against harmful microbes. There are lots of reported benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, some of them are:
- Relieves or prevents arthritis
- Improves digestion
- Acts as a urinary system tonic, clears urinary tract infections
- Improves the growth and condition of fur and hair
- Clears the skin of bacterial and fungal infections
- Reduces skin flaking and dander
- Makes one less attractive to biting insects
- Acts as a natural antibiotic by interrupting the development of infectious bacterial and viral diseases
- Relieves muscle fatigue
- Alleviates itching
* Ground Linseed is a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids, which are beneficial to the skin and coat. It is also a good source of fibre.
100% Organic Ingredients: Spinach 20.83%, Kale 20.83%, Apple 10.42%, Pear 10.42%, Celery 10.42%, Cucumber 10.42%, Chia Seeds 4.17%, Coconut Oil 3.13%, Peanut Butter2.6%,